Are you concerned about the ingredients in your dog’s shampoo? If not, you should be. Your dog’s skin is the largest organ in their body and anything you use on their skin and coat can be absorbed directly into their body. Your dog also licks and those toxic ingredients will be ingested. Your dog's skin has less layers protecting their vital organs than humans do.
At 4-Legger, we understand how challenging it can be to choose a safe and natural shampoo for your best friend, especially when shampoo labels are full of complex chemical words and lingo you may not fully understand. Below are some common toxic ingredients to avoid in your dog’s shampoo.
Did you know that most artificial colors are synthesized from petroleum and have been linked to organ damage, cancer and allergic reactions in dogs. Artificial colors really are a rainbow of toxicities when it comes to your furry family member!
As their name suggests, synthetic fragrances are an attempt to duplicate a specific smell - like coconut or flowers. The known toxins and synthesizers in synthetic fragrances have been found to cause organ toxicity, skin irritation, allergic reactions, and hormone disruption.
At 4-Legger, we’re proud to provide a natural and organic shampoo for dogs that is safe and effective. Our Lemongrass and Aloe Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo uses natural essential oils to provide a clean and fresh scent for your dog without additives like synthetic fragrances. When you use our all-natural dog shampoos, you can rest assured your dog’s coat and skin are in good hands.
For the best in natural and organic pet products, browse 4-Legger’s online store today! We offer a large selection of organic and hypoallergenic dog shampoos for dogs with sensitive and dry skin, as well as healing balm for cracked paw pads and noses. To learn more about our all natural ingredients, browse our ingredients list online.
The 4-Legger blog is your resource for ingredients in dog grooming products.
Check out some of our most popular past posts:
- 2 Reasons Why You Want Sulfate Free Dog Shampoo
- The Greenwashing of Natural Dog Shampoo
- The Marketing of Natural Dog Shampoo - Lesson 1 in Finding a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo
- Preservatives in Dog Shampoo - What You Need to Know - Lesson 2 in Finding a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo
- Toxic Bubbles (Sulfates) in Dog Shampoo - Lesson 3 in Finding a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo
- Ethanolamine Free Dog Shampoo (MEA, TEA, DEA) - Lesson 4 in Finding a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo
- Fragrance Free Dog Shampoo and Artificial Color Free Dog Shampoo - Lesson 5 in Finding a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo
- Identifying a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo by Sight - Lesson 6 in Finding a Safe and Non-Toxic Dog Shampoo
- The Dangers of Dry Dog Shampoo
- The Case of the Itchy Dog - A Dog Parent Mystery
- The Truth About Antibacterial Dog Shampoo
- Is Your Organic Dog Shampoo Really Organic?