Flea season is here!
If you are like us, you use a lot of natural methods to keep your dog flea free. This regime likely includes giving your dog frequent baths.
Did you know the shampoo you use and how you wash your dog can be a big part of the difference between your dog having or not having fleas?
4-Legger USDA Certified Organic dog shampoos use safe and non-toxic organic oils with exceptional lather to naturally kill fleas without leaving an oily residue. Aloe Vera provides soothing relief while our natural beneficial essential oils deter fleas and promote healthy skin and a silky coat.
Following these steps, in order, will help get rid of those pesky fleas:
- Wet your dog's head, ears, and neck area being careful to not get water into their eyes and ears.
- Apply a small amount of 4-Legger USDA Certified Organic Dog Shampoo to a small washcloth and carefully clean your dog's face.
- Rinse the shampoo off your dog's face again avoiding the eyes and ears.
- Pour a small amount of shampoo into the palm of your hand and work into a lather around your dog's neck. If you want more lather, add more water with a small amount of shampoo.
- Wash the top of your dog's head and ears and rinse.
- Pour a small amount of shampoo into the palm of your hand and again work it into a lather around your dog's neck but don't rinse yet. This shampoo "collar" will keep fleas from running to your dog's head.
- Next, move to your dog's chest and front legs, applying shampoo and water until your dog's neck, chest, and front legs are sudsy.
- Move down your dog's back and belly - working the shampoo into a lather.
- Finally, move to your dog's hind quarters - applying shampoo with water and work it into a lather.
- Let your dog stand with the shampoo on their body for a few minutes.
- Rinse the hind quarters and back of your dog with water until the water is clear.
- Apply more shampoo and water to the back and hind quarters, taking the time to get into the areas under the legs and under the tail. You want to cover every nook and cranny with shampoo!
- Let your dog stand for a few minutes.
- Rinse your dog from the neck down until the water runs clear.
- Give your dog a kiss on top of their head (required).
- Give your dog a treat (also required).
- For a bonus, wash your dog's (cloth) collar in 4-Legger shampoo to clean it up and leave it smelling great!
By creating a soapy barrier with our safe and non-toxic Castile shampoo at your dog's neck, the fleas will run up towards your dog's head, get trapped in the soap and kill them without synthetic chemicals! It works!
Lemongrass, Cedar, and Lavender all have natural pest deterrent properties!